Beginner’s Classes We offer Beginner’s classes for Pilates, OOV and Yoga. All other classes such as UBOUND, Stretch & Mobility and Foam Roller classes, Yin Yoga & Yoga Nidra are Open Level. To maximise benefits from Pilates and Japanese yoga, it is strongly recommended to attend atleast 2 Beginnger’s classes prior to attending the General Level classes.
Pilates for Beginner’s
These classes cover the fundamentals of Pilates. Once these have been learned, participants can benefit from both Reformer, Mat and OOV classes. These classes still provide a workout so don’t be dismayed as you’ll definitely be challenged!
What we cover in Beginner’s Pilates
– introduction to the Reformer machine
– spinal positions
– finding and activating the ‘core’
– postural positioning of the body
– breathing appropriate for pilates
– ensuring a safe practice
Yoga for Beginner’s
These classes cover the fundamentals of classical Hatha yoga for the purpose of Japanese yoga. They’re taught in a simple, pragmatic way. You’ll certainly experience a workout in these classes, Beginner level or not!
What we cover in Beginner’s Yoga
– positioning of the body for various poses
– breathing technique (diaphragmatic)
– listening to instructions without looking
– common transition poses and warm ups
– how to main a safe practice
To view our Other Services, click here
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
9 January , 2021
by Studio High Street
Restorative yoga is a simple yet profound practice. The idea is to create a nurturing environment in which the body can feel completely supported. Restorative yoga includes: * Gentle joint release sequences and limbering movements to warm..